In accordance with the envisaged roadmap, the process of drawing up the Strategic Plan 2025 is as follows:
1. Approval of the Base Document
In March 2014 the General Council approved the Base Document which is the starting point for the process of reflection and debate necessary to draw up the new Strategic Plan.
This document backs the consolidation of the “Barcelona model” which combines economic growth based on the pillars of new industry, the knowledge economy and the creative industries, with a metropolis with a high level of social cohesion.
2. Constitution of the Advisory Committee
In July 2014, the Advisory Committee was constituted, with the purpose of coordinating the work on the Strategic Plan and guaranteeing internal consistency in the documents generated during the process of drawing up the new plan. It is made up of experts of recognised prestige from different spheres.
A writing/editing team was also created.
3. Commissioning and reception of diagnosis papers
The Advisory Committee produced the Base Document and identified those points requiring specific in-depth study, with regard to both the diagnosis and the proposals and recommendations. For this reason, 21 diagnosis papers approaching these issues were commissioned to professionals and academics of proven prestige.
List of papers and authors:
- Geopolitical tendencies and global risks. Ángel Pascual-Ramsay.
- Demographics of metropolitan Barcelona: prospective elements on the horizon for 2030. Andreu Domingo and Amand Blanes.
- Education Francesc Pedró.
- Innovation and new production model. Xavier Ferràs.
- How the third industrial revolution will affect the territory. Miquel Barceló and Joaquím Solà.
- Barcelona's potential and limitations as a logistics hub. Daniel Albalate.
- Culture/s in the Barcelona of 2030. Antonio Monegal.
- Barcelona, from mass tourism to experience-based tourism. José Antonio Donaire and Joan Antonio Duro.
- Business dimension. Lluís Torrens.
- Barcelona business-friendliness. Joan Ramon Rovira.
- Inequality, poverty and social cohesion. Sebastià Sarasa.
- Urban segregation in the metropolitan region of Barcelona. Oriol Nel·lo and Ismael Blanco.
- The third sector in a post-crisis scenario. Carles Barba.
- The future of the Government and the AMB Administration: tensions and balances. Narcís Mir, Carles Ramió and Quim Brugué.
- Barcelona, “Mobile” and “Smart City”. Joan Enric Ricart.
- Sustainability. Marc Montlleó and Itzel Sanromà.
- Infrastructures for mobility. Josep Parcerisa and Manel Villalante.
- Attracting talent and building loyalty. Teresa García-Milà, Francesc Solà and Francesc Quintana.
- Comparative positioning of Barcelona. Lluís Torrens.
- Business financing. Oriol Amat.
- Housing. Albert Terrones.
4. Intermediate and final documents
Based on the Base Document and the working papers, a discussion activity is organised, in the form of workshops, seminars and technical conferences, with face-to-face and online work. The results of this reflection will be integrated into an intermediate document.
Following its presentation to the General Council, a process of participation will be launched with the different member organisations, with the aim of defining the final document.
Once the final document is validated by the governing bodies, it is hoped to approve the final document in summer of 2017.