Barcelona Vision 2020
- 8161 Reading
The Barcelona Metropolitan Strategic Plan – Vision 2020, approved on 2 November 2010, aimed to consolidate the AMB as one of the most attractive and influential European regions for innovative talent, with a quality model for social integration and cohesion.
To make this vision a reality, the strategic proposal was structured around six challenges and five levers for change.
- Sustainability and climate change.
- Situate the AMB as a reference in the new global framework.
- Be a global leader in certain driving sectors of knowledge.
- Go beyond the “bio” companies.
- Become one of the most attractive European regions for innovative talent.
- Work to make an interesting and socially balanced society.
To tackle these challenges, the Plan identified five levers for change to act as structuring axes for overcoming the challenges:
- A powerful university and education system
- A fast and reliable administration that is business friendly.
- Governance that offers innovative criteria in the management of strategic projects and that reinforces public-private co-responsibility in its leadership.
- Values for the future that complement and strengthen the basis of current and traditional values that bring new character to the city and its residents.
- Broad knowledge of languages that facilitates internationalisation, the attracting of talent and full incorporation into the world markets. An international airport and the Barcelona brand.